FISHING ROD EQUIPMENT FOR ROACH
Many anglers, leaving the summer fishing gear aside, arm themselves with winter gear and continue to fish a variety of fish from the ice, including roach. At the same time, to catch this roach, tackles are needed that are somewhat different from tackles for fishing other types of fish. Therefore, the success of the whole fishing depends on how correctly the ice rod is assembled.
FISHING ROD FOR FISHING ROACH ON THE CURRENT
When fishing on the river, you must always remember that, in addition to roach, other fish may also be interested in the bait, so the fishing rod must be strong and reliable.
What elements does a winter fishing rod consist of:
- From a fishing rod. You should opt for a model with a separate handle and legs since the tackle is stationary and its weight does not play a special role.
- From the coil. The coil should be with a friction clutch to pull out a large specimen since the bite of the bream is not excluded. In this case, it is better to opt for a spinning reel, size 1000, no more.
- From the fishing line. As a rule, a monofilament line is used, up to 0.18 mm thick and, preferably, not white. This is necessary so that the line can be seen against the background of snow.
- From a nod. You need a big and bright nod that is visible from a distance. However, he must be sensitive enough. When fishing in the current, good results can be expected from plastic balls with springs.
- From a sinker. Depending on the strength of the current, a sinker is selected, weighing from 10 to 40 grams.
- From the leash. When fishing for roach, leashes with a thickness of 0.1 to 0.14 mm are used.
- From the hook. Roach are caught in winter with worms and bloodworms. If a worm is used as bait, then hook # 12 is used, and if a bloodworm is used, then hook # 18 is used.
Installation of a winter fishing rod for the current
The elements are assembled according to the paternoster scheme. For example:
- A loop is formed at the end of the mainline, up to 40 cm in size.
- After that, the loop is cut, and not symmetrically, so that one end is 2/3 longer.
- To the end, which is shorter, a swivel with a carabiner is knitted. A sinker will subsequently be fixed to it.
- At the end, which is longer, a loop is formed for attaching the leash.
ROD FOR FISHING ROACH IN STILL WATER
On stagnant water bodies, the roach is caught, with 3 types of rods, such as:
- To the jig with a nod.
Each tackle is not much different from one another but the installations of these tackles are completely different.
This is a rod that is used for fishing in winter, without the use of any additional bait, both plant, and animal origin. This rig is the thinnest and most sensitive. It consists of:
- From a fishing rod and the lightest, since it has to be held in the hands for a long period. The option when the rod is made at home is also suitable.
- From a spool or reel for storing excess line.
- From a line that is quite thin and corresponds to a thickness of 0.06 to 0.1 mm.
- From a highly sensitive nod.
- From the jig. As a rule, each angler has several types of jig for winter fishing for roach.
Jig with a nod
If you put bait on a jig, then this is a completely different rod for winter fishing. And although the principle of installation is the same, the jig can be a hook with a simple pellet. In this case, the fish reacts not to the play of the jig, but the bait attached to the hook.
To be always ready for changing fishing conditions, you need to have several formed tackles with you, which are characterized by some element differences. For example:
- With different line thicknesses.
- The nod should correspond to the weight of the jig.
- With various shapes of jigs.
- With jigs of various shades.
A winter float rod is a tackle designed for stationary fishing. Anglers with such rods prefer to constantly be near one hole, while other people constantly move from one hole to another. How does a float rod for fishing from ice work?
Since it does not make sense to hold this rod in your hands all the time, weight does not play a special role. The main thing is to have a comfortable handle, a reliable reel, and a flexible, but at the same time, rigid whip.
Often a bream or chub clings to the hook, so this should always be remembered. The line diameter should be at least 0.14 mm, and the leash should be slightly thinner.
It’s important to know! A braided line is not good for winter fishing, as it quickly freezes over, which makes it quite rough.
Various types of floats can be used for ice fishing. The main ones are:
- Floats with a longitudinal through-hole, which are fixed on the line with a pin, in the form of an antenna.
- Floats that are attached to the line with cambric.
- 2-piece floats that fold when biting.
- Floats with petals opening when biting.
Winter tackle should be loaded so that the float is at least 1 centimeter below the water level. Even if a small crust of ice appears, such afloat will react to any bite.
In the presence of a current, even not a large one, the tackle should be overloaded, so that it is at one point. In this case, it turns out a variant of a float rod for fishing in the current.
Application of leashes
Often 2 leashes are attached to a float rod. One of them lays down on the ground, where it seduces the fish with its bait attached to the hook, and the second is located higher and is in the water column. This increases the chances of catching fish. It is possible to determine whether the fish is at the bottom or in the water column. This approach allows you to determine the gastronomic preferences of fish if you bait different baits on each hook separately.
Winter fishing is a hobby for real anglers who are not afraid of frost, strong winds, or snowfalls. Not all of them are ready to sit out or run out in the cold to catch at least some kind of fish. Many winter fishing enthusiasts are satisfied with small perches, although few of them know that you can fish roach in winter. For this, you need to have a winter float rod and patience. Besides, you will have to spend a lot of physical strength since you need to drill more than one hole.